Thursday, September 17, 2009

Update and more

It has been a little while since I last updated the blog. Medically, since the last update a few things have transpired. I went into the Urologist to get a "bulking agent" injected around my urethra in front of the bladder, however, I had a massive UTI so they couldn't do it. I just got it done on Tuesday, so hopefully it will help with the issues of "leaking" a bit when I exert energy or bend in a certain way. I might be able to start drinking enough fluids to be healthier instead of not drinking at all in fear of the dreaded leaking. My dental saga continues with most likely a third root canal on a fractured tooth I have. I go back to the eye surgeon to find out if they are going to attempt to correct my vision anymore. I still see double and it is actually harder to deal with now, because the images are much closer together. What is weird is that if I tilt my head back and look down my nose and concentrate, I can get single vision up to about 15-20 feet away. I was put on a testosterone supplement to increase my levels because my were so low. I inject myself once a week in the leg. Very good stuff. I have increased my power (not stamina) a noticeable amount without any working out (except physical therapy). Now that I am back from Seattle and the kids are in school, I will start working out more. It will be interesting to see what happens.

This Sunday is our "Freedom Swim" fundraising event at the Pleasant Valley Aquatic Center. There is a link on the home page for info.

On Oct. 23 we are having our annual fundraising party at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

That is about it for now.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the urological proceedure helps out. That can become such a problem with fluid intake needs. Another root canal does not sound like any fun, nor does the double vision. I hope they can figure something out to correct that. Please know that you and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Tony....Was happy to see an update. I was worried when I didn't see anything for a while after you posted about a massive infection.

    I'm still out here running for those that can't! Will update you about that towards the end of the year.

    Love to your family...Please keep us posted on everything.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete